AMERIGAS® WIN FREE PROPANE FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF OREGON, WASHINGTON, SOUTH DAKOTA, COLORADO, MINNESOTA, MICHIGAN, WISCONSIN, OHIO, MONTANA, WYOMING, IDAHO, NEW HAMPSHIRE, IOWA AND PENNSYLVANIA, WHO RESIDE IN AN AREA OF SUCH STATES WHERE AMERIGAS® PROVIDES HOME DELIVERY OF PROPANE, ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY AND USE PROPANE TO HEAT THEIR HOMES OR POWER APPLIANCES.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURES: You have not yet won. No purchase is necessary to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes ends: January 14, 2014. Prize: One (1) prize winner will receive up to 2000 gallons of liquid propane fuel (Approximate Retail Value $3,200.) Prize subject to the restrictions and terms stated below. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Sponsor: AmeriGas Propane, L.P., 460 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
1. OVERVIEW : The "AmeriGas® Win Free Propane for a Year Sweepstakes" ("Promotion") consists of one (1) grand prize sweepstakes. The Promotion starts on November 13, 2013 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on January 14, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM EST ("Promotion Period").
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Promotion: (1) for recipients of the direct mail piece from AmeriGas Propane, L.P. ("Sponsor") promoting the Promotion, follow the instructions on the direct mail piece and mail the pre-paid return mailer to: AmeriGas Win Free Propane for a Year Sweepstakes, 2100 Kubach Road, Philadelphia, PA 19116-9971 ("Promotion Address") during the Promotion Period; or (2) go to www.FreePropaneSweepstakes.com and provide the information requested on the registration page during the Promotion Period. IMPORTANT: Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than the last day of the Promotion Period and received within five (5) days of the end of the Promotion Period. Limit: One entry per household. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for, and reserves the right to disqualify, any lost, late, stolen, undeliverable/undelivered, postage due, mutilated or illegible entries. Photocopies or reproductions of entries will not be accepted.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of Oregon, Washington, South Dakota, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, New Hampshire, Iowa and Pennsylvania ("Promotion States"), who reside in an area of the Promotion States where Sponsor provides home delivery of propane, are at least 18 years old as of time of entry and use propane to heat their homes or power appliances. For a complete list of the areas where Sponsor provides home delivery of propane, please visit www.amerigas.com/find-amerigas-propane-locations/. Officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (and the household members and immediate family members, e.g. children, spouse, siblings, parents, grandparents and the "steps" of each of the aforementioned) of Sponsor, Mitchell & Resnikoff ("M&R"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and other individuals/entities associated with this Promotion (collectively, "Sponsor & Others") are not eligible to enter or win. Void outside of the Promotion States, in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about January 22, 2014, Mitchell & Resnikoff, the independent agency administering the Promotion, ("Administrator") will randomly select the name of the potential Winner from all of the eligible entries received ("Drawing"). The potential Winner will be notified by mail sent within twenty four (24) hours of the Drawing. If no response is received from the potential Winner within seven (7) calendar days of notification or if the correspondence notifying the potential Winner is returned as undeliverable, Administrator will select a new potential Winner and the new potential Winner will be contacted in accordance with this Section 4. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Approximately one hundred thousand (100,000) entry forms will be distributed but the odds of winning the Promotion depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE : The Winner will receive: (1) up to two thousand (2000) gallons of liquid propane fuel delivered to their home; (2) the installation of Sponsor's liquid propane tanks and a waiver of rental charges for such tanks until January 14, 2015, if necessary; and (3) a waiver of the incidental charges of Sponsor as specified in Sponsor's current General Terms and Conditions, which can be found athttp://www.amerigas.com/residential/pay_billing_terms.htm until January 14, 2014 ("Prize"). The Prize will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries. Sponsor will not deliver propane fuel to Winner, unless: (1) Winner or Sponsor owns the propane tank(s) that will accept the delivery; (2) the tank(s) that will accept the delivery each have a capacity of at least one hundred (100) gallons; (3) the tank(s) are located on and serving Winner's residential property; and (4) the tank(s) are in good working order and comply with all applicable codes and regulations. Sponsor's determination of whether Winner's tanks are in good and working condition shall be final. In the event Winner or Sponsor does not own the propane tank(s) located on their residential property or such tanks are not in good working order and in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations, Winner agrees to accept the placement of Sponsor's tanks on their property. Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses incurred by Winner that are related to the removal of pre-existing propane tanks that are not owned by Sponsor. Winner authorizes Sponsor to remove Sponsor's tanks if the Winner does not continue as Sponsor's customer after January 14, 2014. Prize is not transferrable and may not be resold. Prize will only be delivered to Winner at one location. Winner must take delivery of Prize between January 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015 ("Prize Period") and Prize must be accepted in twenty (20) fuel deliveries or less. In the event Winner has not exhausted the Prize by the end of the Prize Period, Winner will not receive any cash or credit. Prize has no cash value. The approximate retail value of the Prize is Three Thousand Two Hundred ($3,200) Dollars, depending on the market rate of liquid propane. Sponsor has no responsibility for a Winner's inability or failure to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. Federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibly of Winner.
7.ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: By accepting the Prize, Winner agrees to comply with Sponsor's current General Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://www.amerigas.com/residential/pay_billing_terms.htm. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including providing his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a Liability/Publicity Release. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential Winner from among eligible entries, received during the Promotion Period in the event that: (a) the potential Winner is unreachable as described in Section 4; (b) the potential Winner fails to execute and return the required Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including, without limitation, providing his/her respective Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a Liability/Publicity Release by the return date identified in those documents, regardless of the cause of such failure; (c) the potential Winner declines acceptance of the Prize; (d) if in Sponsor's determination, the potential Winner has not complied with these Official Rules; or (e) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that propane fuel cannot be delivered safely to Winner.
8. RELEASE/INTERNET AND COMMUNICATION ERRORS/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By acceptance of Prize, the Winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others, on an individual and collective basis, from and against any and all costs, claims, damages or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of participation in any Promotion or the receipt, use or misuse of the Prize or any goods or services delivered as part of the Prize. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone or computer transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; or for any damage to any person's computer related to participating in the Promotion. Additionally, Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in the Promotion. Any person attempting to enter using multiple addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Promotion. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF the PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt, or may corrupt, the administration, security, fairness or intended proper play of the Promotion, the Sponsor has the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and proceed to select potential winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including, without limitation, the selection of potential winners in a random drawing from among entries received prior to any such modification, discontinuation, suspension or termination. SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS THE PRIZE OR ANY OF THE GOODS SUPPLIED PURSUANT THERETO. As some jurisdiction may not allow limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of warranties, check your local laws to learn if any of the above limitations or exclusion may apply to you.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, participants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction. Any action arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the United State District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, or if that District Court shall not have jurisdiction over the subject matter thereof, then to the Court of Common Pleas situated in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Participants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury is hereby waived. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event will participants be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs. Under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and a participant's sole remedy will be an action at law for damages to the extent allowed by this Section 11. Under no circumstances will participants be permitted, and participants hereby waive all rights, to: (a) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs as described above; and (b) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision or provisions of these Official Rules shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the Winner, send a properly stamped self-addressed envelope, by February 18, 2014 to: AmeriGas Win Free Propane for a Year Sweepstakes, c/o Mitchell & Resnikoff, 8003 Old York Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027.
13. SPONSOR: AmeriGas Propane, L.P., 460 North Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
These Official Rules may not be reprinted or re-published elsewhere without the express written permission of Sponsor.
2013 © AmeriGas Propane, L.P